why the first Twilight movie is still my favorite
As soon as the movie Eclipse was released on DVD, fans of all ages (yes, myself included) rushed to buy it. It seems like all the hype of it being “the best movie yet!” was true for so many. However, as I sit here thinking how much I wish I could agree with that statement, I can’t. I just can’t.
These are just a few of the reason’s why Twilight , the 1st movie, remains my favorite:
1. Depending on what kind of day I am having when I watch it; I can either swoon or laugh out loud. One word: wig no, no.. I have another word: sparkles I’m dying of laughter here. I. Am. Dying. So awesome!
2. Robert and Kristen are still newish. I know they were in lots of movies prior to Twilight. I saw Harry Potter and Catch that Kid. But they were in nothing compared to Twilight and I fell in love with them as Edward and Bella. I just love to experience that again and again as I watch Twilight.
3. Spider Monkey – Did you know after you watch Edward call Bella that over 50 times, it actually becomes endearing? I giggle but want my husband to call me that in bed. gotcha. Actually, it makes me laugh again and again. Goodness, I love this movie! How can this not be your favorite??
4. The wig. Seriously, I can’t get enough of it. I mean, who thought that was cool? Really, all they needed to do was to send Taylor to a salon and ask sweetly for one to be donated. And, if he wanted to seal the deal, just show ‘em those abs. A wig would have been made right then and there. Secretly, I love the wig. It makes me smile.
5. And my last reason are the sidekicks. We get to experiecne the awesomeness of Anna Kendrick! Could they have picked a more perfect Jessica??? Mike was just as I had expected and Angela is gorgeous!! But what were they thinking when they cast Eric?? Why do they have him acting so annoying? And yet I love him. I love him because he is part of my beloved Twilight.
I don’t need big studio dollars to make a movie my favorite. Although I like them, I don’t need computerized wolves, great wigs, high speed running sequences, or high dollar fight scenes. When you hear the saying “it takes heart”, think of my beloved Twilight movie. It’s full of it. And it shows.
Love, Stackgirl Shannan who needs a fixin’ of Twilight. (Although it has to be in blueray. Yeah, I am a Twilight snob.)